November 5, 2019 Coordinated Election will be an all-mail ballot delivery. Ballots will be mailed to all active eligible registered electors the week of October 14, 2019.
C.R.S. 1-13-106 Forgery- Any person who falsely makes, alters, forges, or counterfeits any ballot before or after it has been cast, or who forges any name of a person as a signer or witness to a petition or nomination paper, or who forges any letter of acceptance, declination, or withdrawal, or who forges the name of a registered elector to a voter’s mail-in or mail ballot commits forgery which is a class five 5 felony.
C.R.S. 1-13-112 Offenses relating to mail ballots - Any person who, by use of force or other means, unduly influences an elector to vote in any particular manner or to refrain from voting, or who falsely makes, alters, forges, or counterfeits any mail ballot before or after it has been cast, or who destroys, defaces, mutilates, or tampers with such a ballot shall be punished by a fine of not more than five thousand dollars, or by imprisonment in the county jail for not more than eighteen months, or by both such fine and imprisonment.
What’s on our ballot for November 5, 2019 Coordinated Election?
- City of Lamar Municipal Candidates
- Holly School District RE3 Candidates
- Lamar School District RE2 Candidates
- State of Colorado Proposition CC and DD
- Prowers County Ballot Issue 1A
IMPORTANT DATES FOR 2019 COORDINATED ELECTION:
- Monday, October 14-18, 2019: Ballots will be mailed to all active eligible electors. Also made available is a 24/7 drive by/walk up ballot drop box located in the parking lot on the east side of the county courthouse.
- Monday, October 15, 2019: Last day to submit an application to register to vote through a voter registration drive. (no later than 22 days before the election)
- Monday, October 28, 2019: Last day to submit an application to register to vote through the mail, a voter registration agency, a local driver’s license examination facility, or online to receive a ballot in the mail for the Coordinated Election. (through the 8th day prior to the election)
- Monday, October 29, 2019: Last day to file an absentee ballot application to receive the absentee ballot by mail if you are absent from your home address.
- Monday, October 28, 2019 - November 5, 2019: Voters can register to vote, obtain a replacement ballot or drop off their mail in ballots in person at the Prowers County Clerk and Recorder’s Office, 301 S. Main St., Ste. 210, Lamar, CO 81052.
- Prowers County Clerk and Recorder’s Office: Election Department will be open on Saturday, November 2nd from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. for ballot drop off, replacement ballots.
- November 5, 2019: ELECTION DAY
Prowers County Clerk and Recorder’s Office is open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., 301 S. Main St., Ste. 210, Lamar, CO 81052.
- Return mail ballots, with appropriate postage or hand deliverto: Prowers County Clerk’s Office, 301 S. Main St., Ste. 210, Lamar, CO 81052 or use the 24/7 Ballot drop box located in the parking lot on the east side of the county courthouse.
Sample ballots are now posted on the Prowers County Website at:
www.prowerscounty.net or copies are at the County Clerk and Recorder’s Office.
If you have a question or need to update your address you can contact us at the Prowers County Clerk’s Office, 719-336-8011 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also verify your voter registration information or make any changes by searching the State of Colorado’s website at: govotecolorado.com.