Environmental Health Manager
Description : SALARY AND BENEFITS: Commensurate with experience ($24.00-34.00/hour).
Prowers County provides a generous benefit package with paid time off,
retirement, health insurance, etc.
Provides routine environmental/public health inspections and investigations of retail
food establishments, child care centers, and schools on a proactive basis for 4 counties.
This position may perform investigations on environmental/public health issues that
have been reported to the department. The position is responsible for interfacing with
the industry and the public on a wide variety of environmental health issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Approves or denies the issuance of permits or licenses.
• Collects field samples, environmental/public health related data or information as
necessary for laboratory or trend analysis.
• Monitors and enforces compliance with applicable rules and regulations.
• Develop and maintain program standards for the different programs within the
area of “Consumer Protection”.
• Maintain and prepare the appropriate reports, records, data bases, and perform
other administration duties that are required.
• Perform other duties as appropriate or necessary for the performance of the job.
• Participate in emergency management, HCC, LEPCs, response teams, and other
committees or groups as required.
• Assist in coordinating environmental health activities with federal, state, and
other local agencies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Basic principles and practices of environmental health.
• Purpose and role of County government in enforcing environmental health.
Local and state laws and regulations governing public environmental health.
• Learn to plan and carry out an effective environmental health program and
interpret public health needs to others.
• Environmental health principles and practices including those involved in the
processing and dispensing of waste disposal, water supply, food and drinks, and
general environmental health practices.
• Conduct environmental health inspections and investigation work with a minimum
• Plan and carry out an effective environmental health program and interpret public
health needs to others.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County
employees, representatives of other agencies and organizations, and members
of the community.
• Understanding of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points.
• Equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with
major coursework in Environmental Health Science, Biology, Nursing, or a
related field, with a minimum of 30 Science credit hours.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills preferred but not required.
• Valid Colorado Driver's License.
• Can pass a background check
• Previous Environmental Health experience preferred.
Contact : Submit questions and letter of interest, resume and Prowers County Employment
Application (found at prowerscounty.net) to Meagan Hillman PA-C, MBA at
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled