OLTC Case Manager - Journeyman
Salary scale: $17.50 - $28.00
GENERAL STATEMENT OF JOB
Under general supervision of the OLTC supervisor, performs professional case management for the elderly, blind and disabled, will also be case management for those with intellectual disabilities. Work involves assessing functional eligibility for Long Term Care programs. Employee is responsible for assessing needs of the client and developing a care plan and overseeing implementation of the care plan. The case manager promotes inter–agency coordination with the Department of Human Services Eligibility Technicians, Provider Agencies and Adult Protection. In addition, also acts as part of the 24/7 public health emergency response support staff in the event of a disaster or other public health emergency.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Home visits
- Assessment of client’s physical and mental abilities, level of functioning, family and other support systems and make determination as to program appropriateness
- Care Planning using the client’s informal support system and community resources in regard to the client’s specific needs. Responsible for coordination, location and development of resources to maintain client’s highest level of independence within cost containment
- Computer Data Entry
- Act as the Utilization Review Contractor for the Department of Health Care Policy and Financing through prior authorization of Home and Community Base Services and Long Term Home Health services
- Work with doctors, hospital discharge planners, nursing home social workers, home health nurses, physical therapists, Hospice, Community Center Board, public transportation, meals on wheels, mental health, durable medical equipment suppliers, assisted living facilities, provider care agencies, as well as other Single-Entry Point and Community Center Board Agencies.
- Referral to alternative community resources
- Reporting of abuse and self-neglect to adult protection
- Work involves a considerable period of time away from a standard office environment much of which consists of driving to and from home visits and collateral contacts.
- At times more than normal physical exertion is required
- Work may occur in situations in which incumbent is threatened with physical harm by hostile, angry clients
- Defend agencies position at Administrative Law Judge Hearings
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Performs other related work as required.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Case managers shall have a bachelor’s degree in one of the human behavioral science fields (such as human services, registered nurse, social work, psychology, ect.).
- Five Years of experience in the field of Long-Term Services and Supports (LTSS) which includes Developmental Disabilities; or
- When using a combination of experience, appropriate to the requirements of the position and education to qualify, the education must have a strong emphasis in a human behavioral science field. Relevant experience is defined as:
- Experience in one of the following areas: Long-term care services and supports, gerontology, physical rehabilitation, disability services, children with special health care needs, behavioral science, special education, public health or non-profit administration, or health/medical services, including working directly with persons with physical, intellectual, or developmental disabilities, mental illness, or other vulnerable populations as appropriate to the position being filled; and
- Completed coursework and/or experience related to the type of administrative duties performed by case managers may qualify for up to two (2) years of required relevant experience.
A current resume is required along with the Prowers County Employment Application which can be found at: https://www.prowerscounty.net/government/administration/prowers_county_employment_opportunities.php
Applications can be mailed to; Delaine Dunning, RN, Supervisor, Prowers/Baca Options for Long Term Care; 1001 South Main, Lamar, Colorado 81052 or by e-mail to: email@example.com
For more information, contact Delaine Dunning, Prowers County Public Health, Options for Long Term Care, (719) 336-1015.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled