Human Resource Manager
Under basic supervision of the Director of Human Services Director, performs a variety of functions in support of department staff, including but not limited to: assisting the Director in administration of personnel in areas such as employment, security administration, wage, salaries, insurance plans, personnel policies, recruitment and retention and employee relations within the Department of Human Services, Welcome Home Child & Family Development Center and the Hotline County Connection Center. Will also provide support to the Office Manager with AP/AR duties and responsibilities.
- Provides support and guidance to management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations;
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff;
- Works with County Attorney on personnel issues;
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations;
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and employment law;
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance;
- Develops advertisements for open positions, collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings;
- Accepts applications, facilitates testing, interviewing, coordinates background checks, conducts reference checks, completes all necessary payroll change forms, coordinates orientation, and start/end date for employees, assists in conducting exit interview etc.
- Manages new employee orientation and paperwork and creates formal personnel files and records assuring all required paperwork is included in the file.
- Manages and coordinates annual mandatory trainings, verifies all training hours are appropriately documented and maintained in personnel files;
- Manages the timing of performance reviews;
- Manages FMLA request, Workman’s Comp claims, Sick Leave Bank Request by organizing meetings, gathering information, obtaining and routing requests to the Director and ensuring that borrowed sick leave is being repaid and that staff is apprised of any changes or significant events pertaining to the Sick Leave Bank;
- Manages security administration (new security, deleting security, managing profiles, liaison between county and state help desk, password resets);
- Schedule background checks and complete employee verifications;
- Assist with personnel time management tracking system;
- Sorts and opens daily mail, date stamps and routes to proper mailbox;
- Assists and provides backup accounts payable/receivable duties, as well as necessary uploads to state systems for billing and reimbursement
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Special skills, knowledge, abilities required in relation to the position:
- Knowledge of personnel laws, policies and procedures in order to advise administrators and staff and also to make payroll and benefit adjustments.
- Knowledge of security forms and processes in order to act as Security Administrator.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Knowledge of agency units and job duties in order to write and review job descriptions and performance plans.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to prioritize workload independently.
- Ability to work independently yet collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong ability to quickly react and adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong technical skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google based applications including Excel – with a willingness to learn and master other software programs as needed.
- High integrity, sound judgment and discretion regarding the handling of confidential information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
- Flexibility to handle changing work demands and priorities.
- Work is generally confined to a standard office environment.
- Minimum Qualifications
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma is required, Bachelor’s degree preferred in human resources or business.
- Two years full time office experience or business administration.
- Structured interview and written assessment
- Must pass a background check to include but not limited to:
- CBI/FBI fingerprint check
- Pay and Benefits:
- This is a full- time position. Salary for this position is $40,350.00 annually may vary depending on qualifications.
Accepting Application until: December 15, 2022
Applications available at 1001 S Main St, Lamar CO, at www.prowerscounty.net, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions call 719-336-7486 ext. 106 EOE
Deadline for Applying : Dec 15, 2022