DHS Case Aide
Under basic supervision of the Adult & Family Services Manager or designee, works collaboratively with casework staff to provide administrative support and direct services support to department clients and case management staff. Position may be asked to provide administrative support to other divisions within the department
- Supervise safe and appropriate visitation in the office, community, and in the client’s home between children and their families.
- Documents in writing, observations of visitation in TRAILS and/or other required reporting systems as necessary
- Reports visitation observations to managing case worker
- Engages children in meaningful play during visitation including: learning games and activities designed to enhance their knowledge and social skills
- Enters client and/or case data into automated information management systems utilized by the department
- Asist caseworkers in administrative duties such as, but not limited to, filing of records, submitting court records, release of information requests and making community based service referrals
- Familiar with community support resources and monitors client involvement with supportive services programs. Reports findings to managing case worker
- Using a county vehicle, transports children to visitation or other appointments as necessary and appropriate, both in and outside the county.
- Makes appropriate inter-departmental client referrals for services (e.g. economic assistance, child support)
- Maintains necessary client records as directed by the caseworker/supervisor
- Enter Child Welfare and Adult Protection referrals into the appropriate data management systems and cross report to other mandatory reporters as directed by law and agency policy
- Attend scheduled meetings, trainings and community events
- Participates in the referral screening process and other case management meetings as assigned
- Respond to e-mail and phone messages in a timely manner
- Supports the relationship between Prowers County government and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and County staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and County information; performs other duties as required or assigned to include but not limited to, providing administrative support to other divisions within the Department of Human Services.
- Maintains regular and reliable attendance
- Other duties as assigned which pertain to the operation of the organization.
- Exercises prudent judgement in decisions made with due regard to the impact on liability to Prowers County and the possible impact to department staff and clients
- Use department time keeping system to accurately track work time in assigned program areas
- Provide honest and reliable testimony in court cases as needed
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Education and Experience:
- GED or High School Diploma is required;
- At least six (6) months full time public contact in human services or a related field. Substitution for public contact is successful completion of a certificate program relevant to human services, and/or at least six (6) semester or nine (9) quarter hours in a human behavioral sciences or health care field, as described in Section 30.310.A.1.
Requirements in the Workplace:
- Must have and maintain a valid Colorado driver’s license with acceptable driving history
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Use county vehicle for necessary travel
- First Aid, CPR and AED Certifications required within first year of employment
- Basic knowledge of computer systems and software
- Attend CDHS training for Hotline and RED Team
- Other travel and training as required
- Ability to type a minimum of 30 words per minute
- Work is generally confined to standard office environment as well as in the field
- Family visitations may be conducted in homes that are under assessment for cleanliness and/or other child neglect concerns.
- Must pass a background check to include but not limited to:
- CBI/FBI fingerprint check
- Driving record check
- Employment verification
- Education verification
- TRAILS/APS Check
Work is generally confined to standard office environment as well as in the field.
Pay and Benefits:
This is a full- time position. Salary for this position is $29,640.00. Prowers County Employee benefits including vacation/sick time, retirement, medical/dental, and life insurance.
To Apply: Applications available at 1001 S Main St, Lamar CO, at www.prowerscounty.net, or
Email email@example.com. Questions call 719-336-7486 EOE
Deadline for Applying: Open until filled
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled