Public Health & Environment Accountant
CLASS CODE: Professional Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director
SALARY: $45,000-$55,000/year depending on experience
GENERAL STATEMENT OF JOB
Under the supervision of the agency director, this position is responsible for all financial aspects of a multiple program agency, including contract management, monitoring of agency spending and income to meet budget allocations and projections, and fiscal accounting of all agency funds.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONISBILITIES
- Responsible for contract management and all financial aspects of facilitating funding from multiple funding sources;
- Responsible for proper receipt, coding and depositing of all agency revenues to appropriate department/program;
- Responsible for all accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, record-keeping, and documentation of such, and reconciling to the County Finance Officer’s financial reports on a monthly basis;
- Responsible for approving and tracking all expenditures required to carry out multiple State contracts and grants for Prowers and Kiowa County Public Health agencies, reporting to the State all financial contract activity, and invoicing CDPHE, CDHS, & OBH for each contract with required backup documentation;
- Responsible for purchasing (with the exception of vaccine & medical supplies) within Department and tracking of same for reimbursement from various funding sources;
- Responsible for answering to all State program auditors and communicating with the State and program staff to keep abreast of all program financial requirements. Participates in all audits of the agency and gathers all information requested for audits;
- Preparation of all reporting of program time, mileage, and expenditures allocated to various programs, and responsible for allocation methodologies and tracking of same.
- Preparation and tracking of all budgets for six separate programs within Prowers County Public Health & Environment (Public Health, NFP, OLTC, WIC, Environmental Health and Vital Statistics Registrar/Veterans Services);
- Management and documentation of all timekeeping for 27 staff whose time is reimbursed through multiple contracts, grants and funding sources; administrator of Axiom timekeeping system.
- Monthly preparation of financial information for the Board of Health meeting.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Performs other related work as required or needed by agency director.
Essential Skills, Abilities, Knowledge, etc:
- Knowledge of budgeting, purchasing, and other fiscal controls;
- Knowledge of computer and data processing functions;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to prioritize workload;
- Ability to give attention to detail, neatness and accuracy;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work under multiple deadlines;
- Ability to work with noise and interruptions;
- Ability to prepare accurate records and reports, type and use numerous computer software programs (e.g. word-processing, spreadsheets, database management etc.);
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to work well with fellow staff members;
- Ability to share and relate ideas, problems, etc. with Executive Director;
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of all clients and staff records;
- Ability to perform numerous tasks at one time;
- Ability to serve the public in a diplomatic, friendly, and efficient manner;
- Ability to operate a variety of office machines;
- Current, valid Colorado State Driver’s License.
Desired Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in accounting, business, health promotion, or related field;
- Public health work experience;
- Business management experience;
- Knowledge of health promotion and disease prevention methods.
- Governmental accounting experience desired, not required.
PCPHE is an equal opportunity employer.
Position is open until filled. Please direct questions and send letter of interest and Prowers County Employment Application (found at prowerscounty.net) to email@example.com
Meagan L Hillman PA-C, MBA
Director Prowers County Public Health and Environment
Director Kiowa County Public Health
Phone: (719) 336-8721 ext 228
Fax: (719) 336-9763
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled