Environmental Health Manager
DEPARTMENT: PUBLIC HEALTH JOB TITLE: ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH MANAGER
CLASS CODE: EXEMPT
REPORTS TO: Public Health Director
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Commensurate with experience ($21.00-31.00/hour). Prowers County provides a generous benefit package with paid time off, retirement, health insurance, etc.
Provides routine environmental/public health inspections and investigations of retail food establishments, child care centers, and schools on a proactive basis for 4 counties. This position may perform investigations on environmental/public health issues that have been reported to the department. The position is responsible for interfacing with the industry and the public on a wide variety of environmental health issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Approves or denies the issuance of permits or licenses.
- Collects field samples, environmental/public health related data or information as necessary for laboratory or trend analysis.
- Monitors and enforces compliance with applicable rules and regulations.
- Develop and maintain program standards for the different programs within the area of “Consumer Protection”.
- Maintain and prepare the appropriate reports, records, data bases, and perform other administration duties that are required.
- Perform other duties as appropriate or necessary for the performance of the job.
- Participate in emergency management, HCC, LEPCs, response teams, and other committees or groups as required.
- Assist in coordinating environmental health activities with federal, state, and other local agencies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Basic principles and practices of environmental health.
- Purpose and role of County government in enforcing environmental health. Local and state laws and regulations governing public environmental health.
- Learn to plan and carry out an effective environmental health program and interpret public health needs to others.
- Environmental health principles and practices including those involved in the processing and dispensing of waste disposal, water supply, food and drinks, and general environmental health practices.
- Conduct environmental health inspections and investigation work with a minimum of supervision.
- Plan and carry out an effective environmental health program and interpret public health needs to others.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees, representatives of other agencies and organizations, and members of the community.
- Understanding of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Environmental Health Science, Biology, Nursing, or a related field, with a minimum of 30 Science credit hours.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills preferred but not required.
- Valid Colorado Driver's License.
- Can pass a background check
- Previous Environmental Health experience preferred.
Contact : Submit questions and letter of interest, resume and Prowers County Employment Application (found at prowerscounty.net) to Meagan Hillman PA-C, MBA at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled