OLTC - Case Manager - Journeyman
GENERAL STATEMENT OF JOB
Under general supervision of the OLTC supervisor, performs professional case management for
the elderly, blind and disabled. Work involves assessing functional eligibility for Long Term Care
programs. Employee is responsible for assessing needs of the client and developing a care plan
and overseeing implementation of the care plan. The case manager promotes inter–agency
coordination with the Department of Human Services Eligibility Technicians, Provider Agencies
and Adult Protection. In addition also acts as part of the 24/7 public health emergency response
support staff in the event of a disaster or other public health emergency.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Home visits
- Assessment of client’s physical and mental abilities, level of functioning, family and other support systems and make determination as to program appropriateness
- Care Planning using the client’s informal support system and community resources in regard to the client’s specific needs. Responsible for coordination, location and development of resources to maintain client’s highest level of independence within cost containment
- Computer Data Entry
- Act as the Utilization Review Contractor for the Department of Health Care Policy and Financing through prior authorization of Home and Community Base Services and Long Term Home Health services
- Work with doctors, hospital discharge planners, nursing home social workers, home health nurses, physical therapists, Hospice, Community Center Board, public transportation, meals on wheels, mental health, durable medical equipment suppliers, Prowers County Public Health & Environment 1001 S. Main Street Lamar, CO 81052 Phone: (719) 336-8721 Fax: (719) 336-9763 www.prowerscounty.net assisted living facilities, provider care agencies, as well as other Single Entry Point Agencies.
- Referral to alternative community resources
- Reporting of abuse and self-neglect to adult protection
- Work involves a considerable period of time away from a standard office environment much of which consists of driving to and from home visits and collateral contacts.
- At times more than normal physical exertion is required
- Work may occur in situations in which incumbent is threatened with physical harm by hostile, angry clients
- Defend agencies position at Administrative Law Judge Hearings
Performs other related work as required.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE Case managers shall have at least a bachelor’s degree in one of the human behavioral science fields (such as human services, registered nurse, social work, psychology, ect.). An individual who does not meet the minimum educational requirement may qualify as a Single Entry Point agency case manager under the following conditions:
- The determination as to the qualification as a case manager shall be made jointly by the Single Entry Point agency and the Department of Health Care and Financing.
- When using a combination of experience and education to qualify, the education must have a strong emphasis in a human behavioral science field.
Contact : Applications can be mailed to:
Delaine Dunning, RN, Supervisor,
Prowers/Baca Options for Long Term Care;
1001 South Main,
Lamar, Colorado 81052
or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact Delaine Dunning, Prowers County Public Health, Options for Long Term Care, (719) 336-1015.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled