Kitchen Aide at Welcome Home Child & Family Development Center
Assist and support Kitchen Manager in all aspects of ensuring the meals are prepared and served in a clean and timely manner.
- Responsible for following all Food Safety and Handling Guidelines set by the Department of Public Health and the Child Adult Care Food Program.
- Ensure all safety guidelines are followed.
- Responsible for preparing food carts for the classroom, retrieving carts after meals, and sterilizing carts.
- Responsible for taking food to the classroom in a timely manner.
- Washing and sanitizing dishes.
- Assisting with maintaining the cleanliness of the kitchen.
- Storing and shelving food according to the health guidelines.
- Assist with meal preparation as directed.
- Prepare and deliver snacks to the classroom.
- Follow all duties assigned by the Kitchen Manager.
The position will require the applicant to have knowledge regarding child development and growth. The applicant will have skills to relate to children and their families. The ability to communicate in a positive and effective manner with the public, which contributes to the goals and objectives of the center, its clients, fellow co-workers, etc., in order to establish a healthy environment, is required. Requires the applicant is able to take direction and remain flexible in order to comply with the rules and regulations set by the Colorado Department of Human Services and the duties assigned thereof. The position requires the ability to follow the guidelines set by the Department of Public Health and Environment and the Child Adult Care Food Program for proper handling and storage of food items.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, or controls, and reach with hand and arms. The employee is required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, croup, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Personal Work Relationships:
Contacts are with the public, parents, employees, and answering the phone. Ongoing contacts are with subordinates to give directions for work to coordinate the flow of the center to ensure goals and objectives are being met.
Application may be obtained at:
- Prowers County Department of Human Services, 1001 S. Main St., Lamar, CO
- Welcome Home Child & Family Development Center at 607 Savage Ave., Lamar, CO
Equal Opportunity Employer
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled