Request email notification when page changes E-Notify

USDA-FNS Civil Rights Website

Aid to the Blind (ABT)

  • Provides financial assistance and Medicaid to eligible, legally blind persons of any age.

Aid to the Needy Disabled (AND)

  • Provides financial assistance to eligible disabled persons who are 18 to 60 years of age.

Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP)

  • Offers financial assistance to subsidize child care costs through contracted providers, for families who meet low income guidelines.

Food Stamps (FS)

  • Supplemental food assistance for low income families.

Low Income Energy Assistance (LEAP)

  • Provides financial assistance to help low income households with winter home heating costs. Services may include:

-Paying a portion of home heating costs

-Furnace repair or replacement

-Replacing broken windows

Self Sufficiency Services

  • This program provides self-sufficiency services to enable recipients to obtain employment and become self-sufficient.

Family Medical Services/Medicaid

  • Health care benefits for minor children, parents of minor children, pregnant women, low income adults over age 65 and disabled persons of any age.

Medicare Supplement

  • Programs to supplement your Medicare insurance for age 60 and older.

Old Age Pension (OAP)

  • Provides assistance and health care benefits for low-income adults aged 60 or older.

To apply for any of these programs:

  • Food Stamps
  • Colorado Works/TANF (Face-to-face interview required)
  • Family Medical Services/Medicaid
  • Long Term Care
  • Medicare Savings Program
  • Adult Medical Services/Medicaid
  • Adult Financial Services including:

OAP (Old Age Pension)
(Face-to-face interview required)
AND (Aid to the Needy Disabled/Blind)
(Face-to-face interview required)

You must fill out the Colorado Department of Human Services Application for Assistance, and return applications to one of the Human Services offices listed below.

If you have a parent absent from your home and you are applying for Colorado Works/TANF, Family Medicaid or Adult Medicaid with SSI children, you must also fill out Application for Assistance, Part 2A, Child Support Information.

As noted above, face-to-face interview is required when applying for these programs:

  • Colorado Works/TANF
  • Old Age Pension (OAP) or
  • Aid to the Needy Disabled/Blind (AND/AB)

These interviews are by appointment only and are held at our offices: 
1001 South Main Street
Lamar, CO 81052

Applications for other programs may be delivered or mailed to:

Prowers County Department of Human Services
1001 South Main Street
P.O. Box 1157
Lamar, CO 81052